No subject

Vliex, Carla (cvl) CVL at tg.nl
Tue Nov 27 14:55:00 PST 2007

Met vriendelijke groet,

drs. C.J.P. (Carla) Vliex

__________________________________

senior Adviseur

Twynstra Gudde Adviseurs en Managers

Stationsplein 1, 3818 LE Amersfoort

Postbus 907, 3800 AX Amersfoort

Telefoon 033 4677376

Mobiel 06 53 927407

E-mail cvl at tg.nl <mailto:cvl at tg.nl>

Internet www.twynstragudde.nl <http://www.twynstragudde.nl/>

De informatie verzonden in of met dit bericht is afkomstig van Twynstra
Gudde en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Het bericht kan
vertrouwelijke en persoonlijke informatie bevatten. Indien dit bericht u
abusievelijk is toegezonden, wordt u vriendelijk verzocht onmiddellijk
per e-mail of telefonisch contact op te nemen met de verzender van dit
bericht en wordt u verzocht dit bericht te vernietigen. Openbaarmaking,
vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze informatie
aan derden zonder toestemming van de verzender is niet toegestaan.

The information sent by or through this email message, has been sent by
Twynstra Gudde and is only for the strict use of the addressee. In the
event you are not the intended recipient you are kindly requested to
contact the sender of this message by email or by telephone immediately
and delete this message. It is not permitted to publish, copy, circulate
and/or provide any of this information without permission of Twynstra
Gudde.

 i8u 8:15 PM .

Subject: Re: Report from the field

Alan - the experience of respect in Open Space is a first for many
people,
and may be the first step to renewal, creativity, and for some, healing.

There seems to be a natural progression from respect to trust to hope.
At
least I have seen it play out that way on countless occasions. This
progression is most obvious (and most needed) in highly conflicted
environments. I guess it is most obvious there because people usually
experience so little respect that it comes as very much of a surprise.
It is
a constant wonder to me that people can survive in situations bereft of
respect and literally dripping with a level of pathology that for me is
incomprehensible. It is an even greater wonder (mystery) that these same

people can consider this situation to be "normal." If the "situation"
were a
concentration camp, that makes a certain amount of sense - but more
often
than not we are talking about a "perfectly respectable" business or
corporation. Then again, I guess it is not so strange for the standard
organizational structure seems perfectly designed to limit, even
eliminate,
essential human connection, to say nothing of respect. Folks are locked
in
boxes and deprived of information all in the name of efficiency,
effectiveness and productivity. The name of the game is fear and
control.
Nothing new here, and hardly a deep insight - but under the
circumstances
Open Space is definitely revolutionary, if only because people are
invited
to leave their cages. The greatest wonder may be that we are ever
invited to
open space.

Harrison

  _____