the ultimate question

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil wendy at xe.net
Tue Nov 27 01:14:23 PST 2007

Hello everyone,

I know that a lot of us on this list enjoy a really good question.  In
preparation for my 42nd birthday coming up in January (I will explain the
significance of this in a minute), I am asking all my friends and colleagues
to share their favourite or most wicked question with me.  I will gather
these all together and share them back by the end of January.  So please, if
you have a beloved or belovedly vexing question, email it to me at
HYPERLINK "mailto:wendy at xe.net" wendy at xe.net before January 15th and join in
the celebration of wondering.

The significance of 42.  For those of you who have read Douglas Adam’s
“Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” no explanation is necessary.  For those
who haven’t, a part of the plot involves a super intelligent race of beings
who design a computer to find out the answer to the ultimate question of
life, the universe, and everything.  After about 4 million years of waiting,
the computer produces the answer: 42.  The folks are understandably a bit
upset at this and demand an explanation.  The computer responds that the
answer is unsatisfying because they don’t actually know what the ultimate
question is.  So it designs another bigger computer to produce the ultimate
question that will make sense of the answer.  The computer it designs is the
Earth and we are part of the program—sort of.  So I am doing my part to help
us all uncover the ultimate question SYMBOL 74 \f "Wingdings" \s 10

Looking forward to your replies,
Thank you for playing with me,
Wendy

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil
Prospera Communications & Consulting Services
1-800-713-2351

www.wordgravity.blogspot.com
www.openspacesangha.blogspot.com

Checked by AVG Free Edition.