finding a quote

Allison & Jim Baensch mbody at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 19 13:31:04 PST 2007

Hi All,
I am trying to meet a deadline (in about 5 hours!) for handing in a
thesis draft that includes information about OST.
Missing a page number for a quote, I tried to find it on the net and
can't seem to.

This is the quote:
A brief consideration of the remarkable fact that after 14 billion
years and multiple disasters we are all still here to complain about
how badly things are going. All of which is to say that things have
been working rather well under the circumstances, at least
sufficiently well to enable countless generations to come to fruition
and pass their wisdom and skills on to the succeeding generations.
Simple Question – How come?  Proposed answer – Self-Organization
rules (Owen, 1998)

I thought I took it from "Emergent Order" but it is not there as far
as I can tell.
Has it been removed, or am I having hallucinations?
(Hallucinations are distinctly possible - sleep is such a a distant
memory.)

I can quote something that has changed, since I have my access date.
All I need to do is to organise a page number.

(That is, if you don't mind my using your words, Harrison.)

I would really appreciate being told where to find this quote, or
where it was, presuming it ever existed.
Allison
 From hot Healesville - Yarra Valley - SE Australia.