Sharing Resources (was 'Facilitator as space-invader!')

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sat Nov 17 13:15:36 PST 2007

Hello, all -

Michael P wrote:

<Dear Franklin,

if your begging Lisa Heft for a slot or two for the December training has
anything to do with money, you are invited to approach the Open Space World
Map project for assistance...>

No begging required (unless you are really into that and it makes you happy)
- there is always room for one more.

Michael and all - you are so amazing to share resources generated from the
World Map to help OpenSpaceniks around the world get to trainings and
WOSonOSes and other learning and community gatherings.

This also goes under the title of 'Funding Community Work' -

I never offer my work for free and I never offer free scholarships to my
workshops - but instead, everybody pays what they can.

For my clients - we have a conversation about possible costs, then every
client gets to set their own fee for my services, according to their
financial abilities.  The big guys pay the big bucks, the other guys pay the
most that they can given their own particular financial circumstances.

For my workshops - there are suggested levels of payment, including a 'pay
your own price' where participants get to set their own level of fee for
registration.  Every price is right - anything over zero.  So everybody can
afford the workshop.  That definitely includes you, Franklin.

In these ways, it all evens out - those who can pay more are putting money
into the 'pool' to help cover those with less resources.

It always works.

There is very low-cost housing by my workshop site and several meals are
also included in the workshop.  However, I know the hugest cost can be the
air ticket.  Franklin I am not sure whether some of your expenses are also
being supported by the Nonviolent Communication workshop community you are
coming to visit - I hope that they are also helping you.  If you are
complete travel funds, let us know and perhaps creative and resourceful
Michael and others may have some good ideas.

Cheers from sunny (and full of lovely autumn leaves) Berkeley, California
USA,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator