Worldwide OSonOS Call - and Access Queen

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu Nov 1 20:23:15 PDT 2007

Hello, all -

Lisa (also known as Access Queen) here -

Larry - thank you so much for sharing this information.  I have a slight
explanation and clarification:

First - you wrote:

Lisa Heft is personally providing this service to Open Spacers from around
the world who have difficulty getting access to World Wide OSonOS events.
She is a channel for limited funds (mostly pocket money) and a personal
support to those who want advice on travel.

Yes, it is a little project I do every year - and it is a great pleasure to
do so.  Let me adjust and elaborate the description above - I would say
instead that I am a channel for resources (I help people name what they need
and invite others to offer what they have - for the WOSonOS events, and help
raise awareness for what we can share.  Like the person in the village who
walks through the village calling out the news.   Who needs, who can share
what they have. Sometimes 'Givers' offer 'Askers' home stays, a little money
if they cannot pay the entire registration amount, books to take home to
their country, a dinner, rides, friendship from someone who speaks the same
language, some pocket money - those little bits that can make a difference
for people with less income or access). The limited funds part is right -
when I am given funds by 'Givers' I use it to help the most people each in a
little tiny way.  So the idea for my little project is to help everyone look
after each other and ask for support if they need it.  And I don't give
advice on travel (but perhaps others among you, dear colleagues, have good
ideas for how and where Askers can seek funding for travel in addition to
the wonderful support we often get from our own community).

The other item:

As the OS List is aware, Lisa is also coordinating the next WOSonOS in San
Francisco. The group discussed further ways to support this event.  Lisa is
looking for "corporate" financial sponsors.

I am coordinating the Host Team itself - a project manager for a complex and
wonderful project.  We are several individuals and are a lovely team.  And I
bow to them.

And yes - if anyone knows of potential financial sponsors, corporate or
otherwise - please do contact me, and when you do - please let me know if
*you* can be the person who contacts them or if you know of a particular
individual you can introduce us to.  Thank you all.

Thank you so much everyone for helping us help each other across the world,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator

O p e n i n g  S p a c e