Question - bilingual opening

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Sun May 27 11:33:47 PDT 2007

When I did the OS in Colombia for the street kids, there were virtually no
English speakers.  Since I don't speak Spanish, we discussed my not opening
the space at all.  In the end, the sponsors felt that having this person who
came so far - me -  be visible was part of the creation of a welcoming
space.  So the approach we took was that I'd say a sentence in English, then
my partner, Andres Agudelo, would say a paragraph in Spanish filling in all
the details.

It worked.

from rainy Seattle,
Peggy