Honeybee Die-off: Update

Pat Black patoitextiles at gmail.com
Mon May 14 09:08:14 PDT 2007

I have a special love and appreciation for bees and was once a bee
keeper.  I have been following the bee blight with great interest and
concern.  One thing that I have heard in the USA is that the die off
is not happening in France where a particular pesticide is banned.
The pesticide has some nicotine derivitive in it.  Maybe someone from
France can speak to this.  I have always worried for the commercial
bees who are worked year round and never get to rest and build up
their strenght before they literally fly their wings off in three
weeks taking care of our pollination needs.

Thanks for the bee info
Pat Black