doing self-organization

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Thu May 31 19:27:01 PDT 2007

Peggy--

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 13:42 -0700, Peggy Holman wrote:
> I have
> been in an inquiry over the last number of months around what would it
> mean
> if we put INTERACTIONS at the center of evolutionary dynamics rather
> than
> the current approach which highlights a progression of how things
> evolve
> (e.g., evolution of galaxies, stars, planets, geology, species,
> cultures,
> etc.).

Yes, yes! Could you kindly say more about what you have found out? What
for instance do these interactions look like? Where do they lead? Could
they in fact be what conversation means?

Pat--

Yes, yes!, to you too, about what you said about love and fear: for a
long time I have thought that love and fear are opposites, not love and
hate. You have just added a new dimension to that for me. Thanks.

You speak of turning--that is the central root word in conversation
(vers). It of course brings up pictures of dance, but it probably
originally meant a turning like one does with a compost heap.

			:- Doug.