Learning to live in open space in all the moments of our lives (was Causing Trouble/Digging Heals)

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Tue Mar 27 06:10:47 PDT 2007

Sometimes, I whisper behind my hand to people I know and trust, that hosting
an Open Space event is a form of meditation, in the same way that practicing
a martial art is a form of meditation.  It is tat cultivation of inner
stillness within outward motion, as a way of embodying exactly what is
happening within the gathering itself where inner stillness somehow hangs
together within the whirling motion of the marketplace.

When I am holding space, I often have the sensation of thoughts arising that
can be posted on a board and left there for th egroup to resolve.  Thoughts
of control in particular are best burned off by the self-organization in the
room.  And if they aren't burned off then it isn't long before a participant
comes along and asks a question that helps me burn them off further.

A friend f mine, a yogi, shared with me the insight that everything is yoga,
that yoga is simply the mindful awareness of the body in the world.  I feel
the familiarity in that.

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Facilitation - Training

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com

Principal, Harvest Moon Consultants, Ltd.
http://www.harvestmoonconsultants.com