Access Queen Invites You to Dream and Share as we go to WOSo nOS Kiev. [long]

Tree Fitzpatrick tree.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:01:51 PST 2007

Raffi, I think that you were given a scholarship to attend OSonOS in Goa by
the Open Space Institute/USA.  Lisa is on the OSI/USA board, tis true.  And
the OSI/USA board supports her fantastic work as Access Queen but there are
two very separate funding opportunities.

OSI/USA has members all around the world.  Each year, we invite people
seeking to open space in parts of the world that are underserved by OST to
submit proposals to the OSI/USA board.  The OSI/USA is celebrating its tenth
anniversary this year.  One of its goals is to hold space for open space.
One of the ways we, on behalf of our worldwide membership, hold space for OS
is to offer this scholarship opportunity.  I just want to clearly
communicate that there are two completely separate funding possibilities.

The deadilne to apply to the OSI/USA board for scholarship assistance to
attend OSonOS Kiev 2007 is Tuesday, March 12th.  The OSI/USA board will meet
on March 16th and consider any proposals we have received and notify any
winners immediately.

Our criteria:

1.  We seek applications from people working in parts of the world where
Open Space is underserved.

2. We ask that anyone who receives funding from us share their Open Space
stories with the world.  We like to hear stories, along with the rest of the
list.

3.  Ideally, we like someone requesting funding to pay some of their own
expenses but we have funded all travel and conference costs to some
recipients in the past.

So.  If you are trying to use Open Space in a part of the world where Open
Space is not well known AND you would like to attend OSonOS, then send me an
email outlining your interest, your financial need and a detailed budget of
the costs of your participation in OSonOS 2007 in Kiev.

Last year, we funded three scholarships:  we gave one to a Pakistani and we
were able to fund two Nepalese but it was unusual for us to fund three
people.  Sometimes we pay airfare, hotel, conference fees and miscelleneaous
expenses. Sometimes we are asked to pay only a portion.  It is up to the
person asking for help to define and decide their need.

Send your proposals to me:  tree.fitzpatrick#gmail.com.

So!  There are two opportunities to ask for help to get to Kiev.  The Access
Queen is one way . . . she can help with smaller amounts.  And the OSI/USA
will consider funding travel, hotel and conference costs for persons from
parts of the world where OS is underserved.  These are separate funds,
Raffi, and you have smooshed them together again.

--
Love rays,
Tree Fitzpatrick

http://thecultureoflove.blogspot.com/

. . . the great and incalculable grace of love, which says, with Augustine,
"I want you to be," without being able to give any particular reason for
such supreme and unsurpassable affirmation.  -- Hannah Arendt

Phone:  650-967-9260
1335 Montecito Ave #35
Mountain View, CA 94043