OS with engineering consultants - help with theme please!

Hamilton Lock hamilton.lock at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 23 04:47:08 PDT 2007

Hello All

Help needed!

Here's the situation.  I have an opportunity to hold
an OS event for a small group of engineering
consultants - male, middle aged and 'expert'.

The 'top team' experienced OS 2 years ago. The sponsor
thought it was great - because there was healthy
[heated]communication where there had been none; heads
of groups found the process difficult - no control and
some fear over what participants from their groups
might say etc].  Some participants [younger, early-mid
30s] did not say much at all....!  Get the picture?

The theme was Bigger, Braver, Bolder, Changing the way
we build relationships with each other and our
Customers.

Since then, some senior personnel have left and in the
last year there has been some new blood in.

I have been asked how open space can help new entrants
'hold on to the enthusiasm' they have brought in, how
the organisation can support their development, thus
the development of the organisation.

It's about helping them to find ways of maintaining
their integrity and enthusiasm at work - and spreading
it around - before the general malaise and
disempowerment that is so pervasive, kicks in and they
leave.

I need a simple theme which will resonate with the
sponsors, the new[ish] entrants and the old guard -
and I am struggling:

"Moving beyond the status quo; inspired teamwork
delivering secure futures and satisfied customers" is
what I have come up with - any other ideas/thoughts
please?

Anne Beauchamp
Hamilton Lock