Has anyone done a short OS as a break out session?

Susan Partnow susan4ps at comcast.net
Thu Mar 22 23:06:58 PDT 2007

I have been invited to offer Open Space as one of 6 workshop sessions at a
conference – so I will need to attract participants who have other specific
offerings to choose from.   (This is a conference for diverse grantees from
a foundation that supports small NGOs dealing with vulnerable populations.)
Has anyone offered OS in such a setting?  How have you described it in the
program as an offering?  What lessons did you learn?  I plan to assemble a
small group of representatives who will attend the conference to help me
frame the question.  Thanks for any suggestions,

Susan

Susan Partnow

Partnow Communications,  <http://www.partnowcom.com/> www.partnowcom.com

4425 Baker Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107

tel. 206-783-8561        fax 206-782-7786

CoFounder, Conversation Café, www.conversationcafe.org
<http://www.conversationcafe.org/>

Executive Director/Founder, Global Citizen Journey,
<http://www.globalcitizenjourney.org/> www.globalcitizenjourney.org

Steering Committee, National Coalition on Dialogue & Deliberation,
<http://www.thataway.org/> www.thataway.org

Certified Facilitator and Core Council, Compassionate Listening,
www.compassionatelistening.org

”A human being is part of a whole, called by us the "Universe," a part
limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and
feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion
of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting
us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles
of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its
beauty."        -- Albert Einstein, What I Believe, 1930

  _____