Fear of abuse of the space

Catherine Pfaehler c.pfaehler at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 17 17:40:13 PDT 2007

Dear Listers

As I am planning our 3rd OS in Thielle (a naturist's paradise in
Switzerland, which is in its 70th year now), the conflict is still going on.
Mistrust is still strong on both sides. I offer this OS being a member of
the Network Renaissance Thielle, which is working to save the original
idealistic intents of this wonderful community and to strengthen the
community of naturists in this difficult time full of stress. The other side
are a few people who have seized power and are doing everything to make the
idealists leave. Their intentions to change the focus of the place into a
normal camp ground for nudists (and probably also for sex tourists) were
only realized when it was almost too late - they have already taken control
of the board of the foundation in a very concealed way and have employed a
manager for the camp who has no understanding whatsoever of naturism, a
hunter. (Naturists are naked, like nudists, but their focus lies on
spiritual and consciousness development. They don't eat meat - that's why
choosing a hunter as a manager shows a lot about the current president's
values -, don't use drugs or alcohol, don't smoke - if not 100 % in everyday
life, then certainly on the camp site. Many families are in Thielle in their
3rd and 4th generation, every summer.)

My question to you is: How can I hold space in this conflict in a way which
prevents abuse? What do I say in the givens in regards to this? What does
the one board member on our side say in his welcome speech?

We have experienced time after time that our good intentions were turned
around and made into something which was then presented publicly as
horrible. Somebody from the other side last year even came into the plenary
to have a look and then called us a sect. This is how the current president
of the board works to eliminate those who do not support his actions. He
spreads some lies about us and then continuously uses people who mean well
for his bad intentions. In paradise, one doesn't think this way, and
therefore only realizes this when it's too late. So this fear of abuse of
the space is more than realistic.

Grateful for your ideas and experiences - Catherine

Catherine Pfaehler Senn

Open Space Begleitung & Coaching

Kellersriedweg 8

CH - 2503 Biel