More on the origin of Access Queen

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Mar 5 22:23:57 PST 2007

Hi, all -

Michael Pannwitz reminds me that the year before I joined with folks to
develop the idea of Access Queen, some of our colleagues at the OSonOS 2000
in Berlin discussed how to bring people from far away areas who had not much
money to future OSonOSs.

Erich Kolenaty, Florian Fisher and Michael each contributed money to finance
people to come to the next year's OSonOS.

The Berlin team also contributed some money from their OSonOS to the next
year's askers.

And in that next year, at OSonOS Vancouver 2001, a few of us joined together
in some sessions to figure out how to keep this sort of thing going, and the
Access Queen project was created.

Thank you Michael, for reminding those of us who were at the 2000 OSonOS
about that great conversation and contribution that emerged at that event.

Cheers,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator