WOSonOS - July 2008 San Francisco - Save the (general) Date(s)

Caitlin Frost caitlin.frost at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:20:24 PDT 2007

Hi Lisa,

I am just freshly on the OSLIST myself after years of Chris sending me
interesting stuff.

Chris and I are excited to come in July and bring our family.  We will
register early - as soon as there are dates.  Summer is ideal for us - both
for family and work reasons.

I am game to be part of a conversation about family/kid flow if there are
others bringing children.  I have a deep interest in living and learning in
Open Space and that very much involves our kids and family.

Looking forward to it!

Caitlin.

On 6/28/07, Lisa Heft <lisaheft at openingspace.net> wrote:

>  Thank you for surveying your local OSNicks, Michael.
>

> When fabulous Bob Sullens asked the folks on the OSLIST who had
> preferences for what dates, the requests came in a great stream of requests
> on and off-list – and the pattern of those requests was mostly for *summer
> * - with folks reporting in from all sorts of countries - so that is what
> informed our choice.  A good number of people who responded hoped that our
> decision would indeed be the summer so they could bring their *f**a**m**i*
> *l**i**e**s* during school vacation time.
>

> We will of course as a world community put our *resources* together as we
> do each year, to help whoever has the courage and *passion* to ask for
> support find the means from diverse sources to join us next year.  And you
> have been so generous in past years, Michael, helping this and other OS
> events with donations from the proceeds coming from the World Map, as well.
> Several of the Open Space Institutes have been incredibly helpful as well –
> and as Access Queen, on behalf of the Askers, I thank you all.
>

> (I have paid my renewal fee for the World Map and I encourage any of you
> out there who are on it to see if you have done so since May, which is the
> renewal date, as I understand it, for many of us. Michael, you can add Italy
> to the list of countries I have used OS in - thank you!)
>

> And everyone who is interested in coming to San Francisco next year for
> the WOSonOS: Access Queen will be joining with the creative thoughtful work
> of the rest of the Host Team, and others of you as well I am sure – to share
> some ideas coming months about how you all can think of raising some of your
> own funds from your various communities for your own or others' needs –
> about how to ask other organizations or individuals who may have funds -
> about other sources of support as well (think, my dear fellow OSLIST folks,
> about additional and diverse sources that may know of for funding and do
> share that with us on the OSLIST).  I know the various Open Space Institutes
> are thinking, and many of you individuals also have creative ways each year
> you raise funds for yourself and others (for example, past years have seen
> OSTLIST members raise money from selling poetry, artwork or books, or
> donating a percentage of the money made from a project or two).  The
> registration process will also help us find out *who has needs and who has
> a little extra to share*, and so on.
>

> And there are *more things to share* besides cash: homestays, buying a
> registration for two and giving it to an Asker, buying a hotel room for two
> and sharing with an Asker, ride shares, helping people who are applying for
> visas, helping support new travelers to our countries, and more.
>

> Each year we are *collectively able to help* a number of Askers get to
> OSonOS so I am excited about this same great community-supportive activity
> for the 2008 event.  I am also glad that the WOSonOS keeps shifting back and
> [...]

May the beauty we love be what we do.
Rumi

CAITLIN M FROST
Facilitation, Project Management, Coaching
Principal - Harvest Moon Consultants Ltd.