The Theme

Eric Lilius elilius at halhinet.on.ca
Wed Jun 20 07:01:26 PDT 2007

Yana,

I have never had the impression that "hot" or hidden issues were to be
kept aside in Open Space.  Recognising what there is passion for and
being ultimately responsible for expressing that passion is the essence
of participation in Open Space. The choice to keep issues hidden is made
by participants because the perceived risk is too high.

To quote Harrison Owen

"Open Space is appropriate in situations where a major issue must be
resolved, characterized by high levels of complexity, high levels of
diversity (in terms of the people involved), the presence of potential
or actual conflict, and with a decision time of yesterday."

http://www.openspaceworld.org/cgi/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceElevatorSpeeches

The theme is a place to start, particularly at an OSONOS, where many of
the participants have expewrience with Open Space and are eager to dive in.
An OSONOS stirs up new stuff over the 2.5 days. The emerging group
energy nurtures new thoughts, feelings and relationships. The space
becomes increasingly open and safe. The NOW expands. Dreams are important.

At the OSONOS in Halifax, Judi Richardson opened the space and included
a suggestion that we bring forth whatever wants to speak.
What better invitation than that to bring forth whatever is hidden?

Ultimately, it comes down to feeling safe to risk bringing forth what
needs to be expressed.

Eric

--
http://www.haliburtonfolk.com
http://www.environmenthaliburton.ca

Eric Lilius
Box 27
(1563 Eagle Lake Road)
Eagle Lake, ON  K0M 1M0
CANADA W78.34.12/N45.07.09
705-754-9859
705-754-9860 (fax)
"We can no longer have everything we want,
but we can be more than we ever imagined."
			   Howard Jerome

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience;
we are spiritual beings having a human experience."
		Teilhard de Chardin