OSLIST Digest - 17 Jun 2007 to 18 Jun 2007 (#2007-159)

Bhavesh Patel bhavmail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:16:28 PDT 2007

Dear Friends, my name is Bhavesh Patel, and I just attended the World Open
Space on Open Space in Kiev from the 24th – 26th May 2007.

Even though I have been opening space for a few years, this was my first
meeting with the OS community. I learnt a lot from the quality people that
gathered together :

-         from the facilitator on his style of opening space, and little
practical tips

-         from the sharing of experiences about opening space with other
more experienced facilitators

-         from the questions of some of the newer people to OS

-         from being a participant and not a facilitator

The time connected me again with the OS spirit, and refreshed and inspired
me. I realised that OS can be used in so many ways, and the environment and
results that it produces are also so many. I am now thinking about using OS
more in conflict resolution work. I am also thinking of running an OS in
2010 for Initiatives of Change, a global transformation network, to search
for the future of this work, and the action steps needed.

I have just come back from Moldova where there is real interest in OS, and I
also just ran some OS in Holland, and they have asked me back for more !
This was with a group called Action For Europe, people from East and West
Europe travelling together to find a common vision.

I also met people who know people who I know, which reminded me of this
bigger interconnected thing that is happening in the world.

Another realisation was the depth of OS, for me it is very much aligned with
my spiritual understanding of the world. It reconfirmed that I feel deeply
led to opening space for individuals and organisations through coaching and
OS, for the purpose of helping them connect with their innate huge
potential, and by doing so move towards being purpose filled happy whole
people.

One critical thing I would say is that I felt the theme wasn't particularly
powerful or meaningful. It may be better to have no theme, or to use this
time more for sharing and exploring between OS facilitators.

SO a BIG THANKS to the support I got from Lisa, Peggy, all the people I
connected with, and the US Institute who supported me financially to go, and
I hope to stay connected with this community.

Breathe Peacefully………..BhaV !