a practice question for you

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Tue Jan 30 09:50:57 PST 2007

i've had a quick look, harrison, and there's no switch to throw easily and
turn on email broadcast of blog posts.  but i know it's possible.  am
running off for an airplane and a few days of work.  will have a think about
how to set up such an alert, when i get back.  unless ted figures it out in
my absence.  (feedburner, ted?  or another feed service?)  thanks, michael

On 1/30/07, Diane Brandon <diane at keysregion.org> wrote:

> Harrison, in case I was the one causing you confusion.... I'll paste in
> below my short post on someone at IBM writing  "...blogs tend to promote
> understructured, unattributed, and unvalidated discussion." This was a
> comment on a blog, about blogging, and the link is in the email below, if
> you want to know the context.
> I posted it on this list with a chuckle. For those who enjoy free flowing
> and open conversations, validated only by ourselves, it offered an
> interesting contrast!
> I'm on our town's "Comprehensive Planning Committee" and advocating for
> some self-organizing citizen gatherings, to increase citizen energy and
> engagement. I rather doubt that the IBM process is energizing, but maybe I'm
> wrong about that?   ;-)
>
> Diane
>
> Diane Brandon, M.Ed., Coordinator
> KEYS Coalition (CWC)
> Landmark Hill Community Resource Center
> 518 Rte One Suite 4
> Kittery, ME 03904
> 207-438-9100
> Fax: 207-439-8764
> diane at keysregion.org
> www.keysregion.org
>

> On Jan 30, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Harrison Owen wrote:
>
> Michael – I liked what you said – very useful. And I wonder if there is a
> way to insure that at least the subject lines of the blogs shows up on
> OSLIST? Truthfully, I tend to forget about the blog, just look at OSLISTand hence miss a lot of good stuff. And practically in this case, I think
> there was discussion here about "structured and unstructured" which had me
> totally confused (not hard to do) because I had no idea where it came from.
>

> On Jan 25, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Diane Brandon wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I got a chuckle just now, reading that "...blogs tend to promote
> understructured, unattributed, and unvalidated discussion."
>
> You can read the full discussion here:
> http://www.myvalleyadvocate.com/blogs/home.cfm?aid=436
>
> Skim the blog "article" and go down to the comments section, for a lengthy
> explanation of new IBM software that is being suggested as an alternative to
> blogs, re community development conversations.
>
> Maybe it's just me.... but I felt tired just thinking about this new
> software!
>
> Diane
>
> PS The blogger, Heather, is our son's wife.

> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates
300 West North Ave #1105