The Chaordic Dance Continues! The talking stick

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Tue Jan 23 17:05:02 PST 2007

No wrong way to hold THAT talking stick.

In the cultures of the West Coast of Canada here, there is definitely a
wrong way to hold a talking stick.  Protocol is very important in ceremonies
here, in fact diplomatic relations can chill markedly over the way someone
acts in the longhouse, including how the hold the talking stick.  Woe to the
person who holds a talking stick when he is not allowed to.

But the little talking stick I gifted OSonOS IX (it's about a foot long, has
four animals carved into it and a pointed end which, traditionally, you
stick on the table, or the ground or your knee), that stick is just a
talking stick, to be used and held any which way by the myriad of humanity
that intersect its path around the world.  Please let's not make any sacred
attachments to it...just use it well.

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN