Michael Pannwitz's comment about OSonOS 2008 in Berlin

Gabriela Ender gabriela.ender at OpenSpace-Online.com
Thu Jan 18 22:04:41 PST 2007

As someone who loves so much the tradition of THE one annual international
OSonOS I agree with Lisa, Marei and Thomas and addtionally I see that the
time has come for many single selforganized further OSonOS's (annual or/and
ongoing) in different countries, regions and towns (in English AND in mother
languages). Since years I am dreaming of a bit different decision procedure
regarding the next international OSonOS location. Some kind of time-limited
"online-suggestion-procedure" (interested hosts enters their suggestions)
.... then time for time-limited global "online-voting" ... then we would
have for example the "Top Three". Either Top 1 would be immediately the
winner host or some kind of final community discussion would bring a mutual
result. Maybe each time two years in front of the event in order to give the
hosts enough time to organize all.... Although I too love the old tradition
of the face-to-face decision procedure at the end of an OSonOS I think also,
that in the meantime we have so many OST colleagues around the globe (and so
many people are not able to travel so much - on many reasons), that maybe
the time is right for a global procedure with more participation and more
decision transparency for all interest colleagues. Just my "old thoughts"
without clear concepts.

And Thomas you wrote: "And why not plan a mid-term global-virtual-OSonOS
happening in all the regions of the world - connected in faboulus ways..."

For 2007 the invitation is already in the pipeline :) We are right now busy
as bees with our last development tasks and test phase for OpenSpace-Online
version 2.0.. I will be delighted to organize the global event this year.
More within the next months.

Warmly greetings from Berlin (without a winter so far but with hurrican
storms),

Gabriela