AW: What do you do while your holding space?

Catherine Pfaehler c.pfaehler at bluewin.ch
Sun Jan 7 14:32:24 PST 2007

Great question, really. I have also

*         Taken a walk in the forest (while there was an assistant present
in the plenary room) to be with the forest beings, admire this wonderful
nature, calm down, get back to the here-and-now and to breathing -
occasionally bringing something back to the center of the circle from nature
when something wanted to come along

*         Figured out what to announce in the next community meeting (this
also happened in front of the plenary room in the sunshine, working with my
laptop, "visibly busy")

*         Re-arranged chairs and the center of the circle

*         Checked with the office assistants and the staff of the site to
find out about necessary coordination or announcements

*         Held meetings with my Open Space staff to evaluate our work and
our cooperation

*         Held meetings with my translator to make sure everything about our
next announcements was clear to him

I would never leave the site unless there is an assistant present in or near
the plenary room and unless I am 100% certain of my next announcements (to
offer a clear and safe frame gives me safety and clarity.). I have never
been bored up to now.

Catherine

Catherine Pfaehler Senn

Open Space Begleitung & Coaching