Open Space -- A Quiet Revolution

Diane Brandon diane at keysregion.org
Tue Feb 13 14:28:10 PST 2007

It makes sense to me, and I would add that Maslow had another "layer"
at the top of the triangle, that is rarely shown in the graphics we
see. It is "Values of Being" or "B-Values", as descriptors of peak
experiences, and you can see the list in Appendix C to his book
"Religion, Values, and Peak Experiences."

Maslow's list of B-Values include: truth, reality, goodness, beauty,
wholeness, dichotomy transcendence, aliveness, uniqueness,
perfection, necessity, completion, justice, order, simplicity,
richness, effortlessness, playfulness, and self-sufficiency. It's
worth reading the appendix, which is only 6 pages long.

Diane

Diane Brandon, M.Ed., Coordinator
Community Wellness/KEYS Coalition
Landmark Hill Community Resource Center