Law of Two Feet [Sec=Unclassified]

Tania Ashworth Tania.Ashworth at aad.gov.au
Thu Feb 15 15:39:57 PST 2007

Hi Bui,

My experience is that the 'person' slowly being left behind is generally counselled by the compassionate people in the session who are being affected but not enough to get up and leave. Those that leave also learn a lesson about their level of tolerance. Hopefully people give a few warnings that they are not enjoying the tone/direction and give the 'person' an opportunity to correct their course - I use a picture of 'darth vader' with a red cross through him to indicate the 'space invader' and often see people pointing towards the image when someone is dominating the session - most people have a laugh and the person corrects themselves pretty quickly and choses to either stay or leave (and usually return a little later) depending on how they respond to their now enlightened state regarding their overly passionate approach to the topic.

Cheers, Tan