follow up to "Making it Happen' OS story

Judy Gast jgast at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 20 13:51:32 PST 2007

Thanks to those of you who read my "Making it Happen" Open Space story. I appreciate the many replies to the List and to me personally... including the encouragement and advice from Harrison and others to 'make it happen' and Open Space on my own for similar groups to 'make money'.   To a certain degree it is 'happening', as I have had several connections with attendees who are interested Open Space, and have been asked to facilitate an Open Space session for this group as a 'paid' facilitator in the new year (in several locations).

As follow up, I wanted to share to the list a couple of the comments that were in the formal evaluation of the session.  I just received a summary of the evaluations submitted (about 75 people).

"Very productive networking event"
"Easily the most valuable session of this group that I have ever attended"
"Met allot of people who were helpful that I would not have met in a normal meeting of this group"
"This should be a regularly scheduled to allow people of common interest to network"
"People became more comfortable interacting which will help in future meetings of this group"
"Amazing that everyone was an enthusiastic participant'

This from a group of people who had their arms crossed and were staring at me icily as I opened the space (or so it appeared to me...)!

About 10 % of the respondents indicated that they would like to have an Open Session (instead of the regular 'expert speaker' and table team networking format) monthly or bimonthly.

I was happy to get this summary in the mail along with many Christmas cards, so I thought I'd share briefly.

Hope everyone on the list has a relaxing and peaceful holiday,
Judy Gast

Harrison - do you have a computer wire that relays to your brain the OSlist posts and then types what you are thinking back to the list?  I am amazed at your responsiveness!  I appreciate your involvement, support and encouragement!