The challenge of "luminaries"

R. Duff Doel duff at innergy.ca
Tue Aug 21 11:51:41 PDT 2007

Hi All,

In my experience, the only people who have a problem with working in a
circle are those who demand that their positional power or authority or
superiority over the others in the group be recognized and acknowledged.

People who are in positions of authority most often got there by being
very aware and politically astute as well as demonstrating ability. This
means that they are very aware of the significance of a circle and
consciously choose that they don't want to operate in such a setting.

I realize this is painting with a very broad brush, but I have yet to
see any other reason as being truthfully the rationale behind strong
objection to working in a circle.

duff