the circle, luminaries, personal growing edges

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Tue Aug 21 13:33:20 PDT 2007

Dear Kaliya, Peggy, and all,

Following the conversations about so-called luminaries, working in a circle
with interest and gratitude, I have a question to direct to both Kaliya and
Peggy- which might as well be directed to all of us individually and taken
together.

What personal growing edges, if any, - read: blindspots- are contributing to
making the choices and experiencing the difficulties you have mentioned in
the recent threads in working with OST?

Might deciding not to work in a circle because it is felt that IT people are
not ready for it be robbing them of the opportunity to experience something
that might help them be much more productive?

I have participated in OST meetings which did not begin or end in a circle.
And, I am not sure they invite the whole person. What, in that case, are we
inviting?

"Luminaries" is a curious word. What might we call the rest of the people at
a gathering with this social group present?

Peggy- and admittedly it is more than a little scary to challenge you here
in front of 500-odd of our most intimate (almost) strangers- this thread
reminds me of the "Advanced Butterfly behavior" conversation of a few months
ago.

warmly,
Raffi