whatever happens...

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Apr 23 18:40:42 PDT 2007

John wrote:

We've been experimenting in Haitian Creole and in English with this: What
Happens is what happens - learn and move forward.
Here's an example of a text that would explain this principle: This
principle helps us to not lament over should'ves, to not wallow in regrets.
We're all responsible for how we use our time and space together during this
meeting. Let's assume that responsibility and be prepared to accept what
happens and to continually strive to learn and to keep moving forward.

John - amazing.

I too have experienced people of different languages and cultures having a
problem with the fatalism they see in those original words for this
guideline.  I love your enhancement / adaptation - and it reflects the
careful thought and thoughtful articulation plus sensitivity and poetry in
choosing other more illustrative words for people in those cultures.

I cherish how your thoughts and ideas always stretch my thinking and enrich
the depth of my understanding,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator