1-day OS with action planning

Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com
Wed Apr 11 08:33:03 PDT 2007

Hi Esther,

I am happy to see that not only did you enjoy your OS
failitation experience but also that my client  whom
had asked me for a reliable replacement in my absence
is also happy of the referral and of the outcomes.

I'm on my way back from doing OST training in
Switzerland and am catching up on emails you sent me
and the OS List regarding your OST facilitation. I
look forward to our conversations when I return next
week but in the meantime wanted to congratulate you
and along with colleagues of the os-list give you some
feedback on that question you raised.

I was confident that you and the group would arrive at
great doings and "beings" ...eventhough the client was
posing certain challenges by givinig ambiguous signs
regarding responsibility and follow-ups.

As per our discussions early on, you were attempting
to meet her needs while keeping space open for
participants and you followed your level of comfort in
dancing between that force that tended to close space
and your desire to open as much space as possible
while respecting givens of the sponsor and being open
to the energy of the group at the event and what
emerges at different phases.

As you indicated, you added a few options on the
Action plan guide trying to meet both needs. I'm sure
next time, you will  emphasize more, verbally at the
time of convergence, the part on personal passion. I
say that because that's what your instinct is now
telling you - it's obvious by the way you posed the
question, you are just confirming your own learning.

Congratulations again on your success and I want to
tell you that as you know, my confidence in you was
there fully. You've just added colours to the rainbow.

Diane

You wrote:

This particular client was very specific not  to
insist very much on the responsability side of OS,
because people are disseminated in a large territory
with low access to technology, so it's not practical
to work in groups, and all have an already very  heavy
workload.

The client still wanted action planning in order to
have a basic game plan for each priority and act as a
"global coordinator", calling on people for their help
when needed.
So I  mentioned personal responsibility without
> emphasizing it in my  opening (since the time was
short, that was fine!).I did, however, add a point to
the action planning form so that
> people could state  what they would like to do in
implementation, if and how they would like to be
personally involved. I think it can work
> for that group, as they already have regular
conference calls and
> intend to put OS action plans on the agenda every
time.
..... That being said, I still wonder if maybe I
should
> have put a little more emphasis on personal
responsibility anyway, as it is really what makes
things happen. Even though people are
> geographically apart with low access to technology,
there's still that need for the first phone