documenting for ripple effect

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil wendy at xe.net
Thu Apr 5 15:03:41 PDT 2007

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing this.  It’s something I have wanted to try, but not yet
found a sponsor ready for it.  My only other experience was connected to the
Community Commons project where we uploaded all the proceedings to a wiki
and then circulated the URL to community stakeholders and media to make the
proceedings widely available to the community in the hopes of continuing the
conversation in the grocery store, by mailboxes, etc…

I am currently working on how to interweave the proceedings (especially the
action planning) with the Community Weaving website.  This is particularly
for community-based initiatives where the connections can be more difficult
to sustain than in a company.   The idea is basically, that sponsors can be
trained as community weavers so they have access to all reports and the
resource treasury.  Participants register as good neighbours and can form
action groups and post and record activities using the CW website.  All of
the ripples of the event can be tracked by the sponsor CW’s (and the
community at large)—who are basically witnesses to the self-organizing of
the participants.  As all the activities are visible and available to the
whole CW network, it provides opportunity for the ripples to spread as
others in the community become aware of what’s going on and follow their two
feet. Lots of other upsides and synergies with this one, and still some
hurdles to navigate.

Cheers,

Wendy

   _____