One year after launching OpenSpace-Online / sharing an update

Stanley Park stanp at ITICORP.CO.KR
Mon Apr 30 19:39:07 PDT 2007

Hi Gabriela,

I am an Open Spacer in Korea, the only country divided into North and South
Koreas.

I trust that your Virtual Open Space software will evolve into a planetary
jewel that would save humankind from many formidable dillemmas, challenges,
and disasters such as global warming, hunger, terror, and so on by helping
people of many, many organizations open their space of understanding and
actions.

I'd like thank you for crafting the inspirational masterpiece and I'd like
to discuss with you on localizing the interface of VOS for Korean audience.

I'd like to know things involved to pursue this idea.

So thrilling it is just to imagine a time where people of the world
discussing and planning actions using VOS as the tool that facilitate
realization of the dream.

I want to be the first one who makes VOS available in local language
(Aisian languages)to proliferate use of the tool.

I would be looking forward to receiving your reply and also like to spark
off dialogs on this matter.

As virtual space will be becoming rutine experience, VOS will become more
and more important, so is the need for local language VOS.

Looking forward to hearing from you and others who feel passion and
responsibility.

Love and Peace,

park

On Fri, 30 May 2003 16:41:50 +0200, Gabriela Ender
<gabriela.ender at OpenSpace-Online.com> wrote:

>Dear Open Space Colleagues,
>
>perhaps some of you remember the announcement regarding the launch of our
real-time open space conference software one year ago. Time goes so fast.
Today I want share with all of you, who are interested in this development,
some updates.

>--> At our first anniversary, a few days ago, we received a wonderful
birthday present. We got informed that our company was selected by a jury
to be "Gr?Partner" (Founder-Partner) for PARTNER for BERLIN. During an
entrepreneur party at the fair "Deutsche Gr? und Unternehmertage" (German
founders and entrepreneur days) we were welcomed as one of nine new founder
partners. The award included a two years free membership in a network of
about 120 very big national and international companies, including special
kinds of support. Partner for Berlin is working together with the Berliner
Senat in a so-called "public private partnership". They are responsible for
the Capital Marketing of Berlin. The network-partners are interested in a
future-oriented development of Berlin. This organization supports Berlin in
the fields of economy, science, culture and sports. Partner for Berlin
looked for young companies existing at least for one year. They had to be
innovative, technology oriented and already successfully positioned on the
market. (See "Photo and more >>>" on our homepage http://www.OpenSpace-
Online.com)

>--> In the meanwhile hundreds of people participated in OpenSpace-Online
Conferences, and our website counter shows 83.000 pageviews
>--> Almost 90% of our international customers do not know about OST, but
become through the use curious about the roots of OpenSpace-Online / that
is for us every time a wonderful effect
>--> User groups are e.g. schools, universities, consultants, free lancers,
small and large companies and organizations, networks, virtual teams,
>--> The kinds of use are also very different: combination with e-learning
courses, as pre-meeting or follow-ups of f2f-conferences, ongoing teamwork,
integrated in the intranet (knowledge management work), blended change
processes, public online-conferences (national and international)
>--> And of course a wide range of goals and issues: to promote
integration, motivation, learning, and commitment, to improve internal and
external communication, to react to current questions and save travel
costs, to establish proactive and participative communication, to improve
the goal and results oriented work of teams, to carry out completely new
customer commitment measures, to operate multifaceted stakeholder
management, to find a good mixture between asynchronous and synchronous on-
line collaboration
>--> Students of two different universities have to write a semester work
in the present, and to make a presentation about OpenSpace-Online,
>--> During the last year several people asked us about an open
cooperation. Therefore we are in the beginning of creating an international
Win-Win-Partner-Program (if you are interested ... please email to
ender at OpenSpace-Online.com)

>That are some present insights for you. I feel, that this is just a
beginning. We are still a very small team, struggeling on one hand with too
little resources, but on the other hand we are very happy, that we started
this adventure.

>Love and Peace from a hot and sunny Berlin!
>Gabriela
>
>P.S.
>Here a brief reminder regarding our invitation to the International
OpenSpace-Online? Real-time Conference June,13th 2003:
>- Global Crises & Global Transition - What are our Issues and
Opportunities in a challenging Worldwide Change Process?
>Registration-Deadline: June, 5th /  Information & Registration:
>http://www.openspace-online.com/oso_en/data/to_oso.php?
event=98f13708210194c475687be6106a3b84

Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 03:24:41 -0700
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: John Engle <john at johnengle.net>
Subject: Re: whatever happens...GRATITUDE FOR RESPONSES

--0-1465645289-1178015081=:63840

Thank you to all who shared insights and wisdom on this question.

I found your responses to be IMMENSELY helpful.

with much gratitude,

John

www.johnengle.net Open space facilitation
www.circlesofchange.com Participatory learning and leadership