My wife will never go along with this

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 06:17:56 PDT 2007

On 4/28/07 2:00 AM, "OSLIST automatic digest system"
<LISTSERV at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU> wrote:

> Ralph Copleman actually began the whole thing with a contest =
> in the fall of 1999 (which I won) and so he is the "Poetry King" for all =
> time.

I've been called a number of things in my life, but never "king", especially
not at home.  But if it be so (and who would want to argue with Lisa), I
hereby declare the Open Space Poetry Contest to be an open and royal event,
worthy of every citizen's appreciation.

And here's my (untitled) entry...

Nero, they say, fiddled his empire to flame.
And Nemo ruled the watery underworld so deep.
I prefer our posted sessions and spirits to name
Above water, ever fiery, still moving, to keep.

(okay, so it doesn't contain a natural world image  ­ unless you count the
reference to the ocean.)

Best to all from sunny, flower-festooned New Jersey, USA.

Ralph Copleman

P.S.  Thanks to all of you who answered my request for your contact info
when I lost my computer address book.  I'm back in business with a full
complement of OS'ers and others to write to.