Posting notes on a wall/hard copies of notes

Helen Bishop HHBishop at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 07:20:49 PDT 2007

 In a message dated 4/23/07 9:25:32 AM, thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
writes:

> many time they can stand reading at the newswall which also gets creativity
> going in a special way

Dear Open Spacers,
     I use a wheelchair or scooter when I'm in public spaces that involve any
kind of distance.  Notes posted on a newswall may work for able-bodied people
who can stand, move from one part of the wall to another, and generally
manage to negotiate from one part of a room to another.  They don't work for people
using wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, crutches, canes, or any other adaptive
equipment that makes it difficult to move around when there are lots of people
who want to occupy the same space at the same time.  People of small stature
also find it difficult to read things posted at a height intended for people
of regular stature.   Hard copies should always be available for people who
can't get to the wall, and large-print copies should be available upon request
for people with limited vision.

Cheers,
Helen Bishop
Etowah, NC USA