Next Generation

Blake Mills CustomHousePro at aol.com
Thu Sep 14 04:22:52 PDT 2006

Hello Holger!

Loved the words to that wonderful song and your inquiries.

This morning, in my meditation, this came up and then I opened your  email.
As you probably already know, Lao Tzu's 81 poems were written about  2,000
years ago.  Not sure if it resonates for you, but for me it  re-centered me.
When I remember, my mantra this year is "I am enough. I  have enough.  I do
enough."  I don't always remember.

Tao Teh Ching

By Lao Tzu (Translated by John C.H. Wu)

When the world is in possession of the Tao,
The galloping horses are led to fertilize
    the fields with their droppings.
When the world has become Taoless,
War horses breed themselves on the suburbs.
There is no calamity like not knowing
    what is enough.
There is no evil like covetousness,
Only he who knows what is enough will