an interesting meeting in Berlin]

Holger Nauheimer (Change Facilitation) holger at CHANGE-FACILITATION.ORG
Wed Sep 13 14:35:14 PDT 2006

Hi Juliane,

yes, the meeting at Bebelplatz seemed to be "boring" on a superficial
level, but I felt a "sacred space". I know that a lot of peopls complained
about the separateness of the speakers from the crowd. But clearly, the
setup, bringing these 112 folks together, didn't allow for another
choreography, for more physical closeness. Mind you, there was a security
issue as well - many of these people that were present are certainly on
the target list of their secret services back home, let alone CIA, Mossad,
what have you. The alternative is no alternative - to put them into a
closed space, with lots of bodyguards.

I reiterate - the significant event did not take place on the Bebelplatz,
the round table was just the symbol of the process, an earthen symbol
of "the world speaks". What was striking was the real life thingy on the
web, followed by tens of thousands of people simultanously.

As consultants we always say that a question is an intervention. These
were 11200 interventions into the global system - this should have a
butterfly effect, or not? and by the way, I love people who live their
dreams, like the guy who set that whole thing up and found sponsors (very
controversial, indeed, the main sponsor being Allianz Versicherungen).

The technology worked until afternoon, I was preparing my best Bolognese
ever and had my laptop with speakers in the kitchen to watch it. Don't
know whether the technology broke down, but this is rather a challenge for
understanding how technology can benefit communication in the Global
Village, and for how to improve. I am looking forward to see all the 11200
statements on the Web.

What was the motto? "Once you have seen it, it can't be unseen." (or
something like that)

Disfruta Argentina, carinosa Juliana.

Un fuerte abrazo,
Holger