an interesting meeting in Berlin]

juliane neumann lialio at web.de
Wed Sep 13 14:06:39 PDT 2006

Hi Holger,

how interesting to read your perspective on the dropping knowledge meeting.

If I wouldnŽt know better- reading your mail i could think that we attended two different meetings.

When I arrived at the Bebel Platz with some friends- just before the start of the second part of the meeting around 2:30p.m. we found a really small crowd gaterhing around the infrastructure of some tables with microphones on some sort of podest. But everything was set up in a way that if you got there as a spectator you would mainly see the back of the people talking into their microphones. And the atmosphere around did not inspire me either.

So after a while of staying there we got bored and left.

I was pretty dissapointed because of what i had read before it seemed to be a tremendous organisational effort. The next day i read in the metro newspaper that the technical support broke down, too.
So after this experience i didnŽt bother to watch the outcomes in the net.

But now after having read your email i will have another look at it.

Cheers,

Juliane Neumann