Clinton Global Initiative Webcast Archives

Denise Lalonde Dlalondeny at aol.com
Sun Sep 24 15:37:04 PDT 2006

Hello Everyone:

I was quite privileged to volunteer over the course of last week at the
Clinton Global Initiative.  The Initiative brings together some of the  world’s
best minds and most distinguished problem solvers to identify immediate,
practical solutions. For three days, the members take part in plenary  discussions
where they debate and determine the best ways to take action. There  was much
to "appreciate" and the dialogues and table discussions were rich and  the
commitments made gives one great hope for the future.  $7.5 Billion  dollars in
commitments were made over 3 days around issues of Poverty  Alleviation, Climate
Change, Global Health and Religion and Conflict  Resolution.

While I know we are all quite busy, I thought some of you may have wanted  to
hear some of the plenary and panel discussions.  We are quite fortunate  that
this year all the webcasts have been archived.  I highly  recommend listening
to the Thursday morning plenary with Archbishop Desmond  Tutu.
_::  CLINTON GLOBAL INITIATIVE ::_
(http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=417&srcid=346)      0r
_http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=417&srcid=
346_
(http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=417&srcid=346)

Throughout the conference the themes of compassion, positive stories, and
common understanding were affirmed over and over again.  The South African
concept of "Umbutu" -"I  am because you are" was invoked often as  well.

I hope you all find some time to watch those that are most meaningful to  you.

Warm regards,
Denise

Denise  Lalonde
Lalonde Consulting and Coaching