Open Spaces deepest 30 downloads

Chris Macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 13:39:56 PDT 2006

American language oh dear, does its precision or fluidity but with utter
respect for origin matter  - in old days I might have said "top" 30 downloads
but then "top" (top-down) is the point of most confusion in what we open space-
 so "deep": grounded, contextual, diverse, local to global, micro-inter-macro
not other way down , the village in 2 million global village inter-networking,
service empowering hi-trust leadership as young and questioning as the
mountain views
http://er100.blogspot.com
 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5793752041303022963&q=Ashoka

deep as it spins goodwilled, fearless, joyous human relation
through...whatever system language you use to connect core and gravity around
which innovation and future that connects everyone's long-term interest,
sustainability, entrepreneurial focus, joy of innovation permissions instead
of fear that change causes to the boxed-in (which most american performance
management metrics mathematically do, every 7.5 minutes if you have seen an
accountant recently -american business by spreadsheet numbers - a dumbing down
system  - still has not learnt to say bye bye to Arthur Anderson; )

what's deeply needed multiplies value; what's an image of reality just addicts
and does not invite participation, it's the difference between free markets
that innovate for by and with people and those that profit from keeping people
ill-informed or separated, spectators not particpants

---enough of deep for now; onwards:

how do you convene or mediate meetings that will bridge and then glue social
networks and connect the powerful with those who have spent their life
testing a deep social solution such as the 2000 social entrepreneurs at
www.ashoka.org is suddenly becoming a most vital question among huge networks
of people who want to see a sustainable globalisation

...but we are not primarily talking about what you do when people are in the
space..

step back and look at what meetings are arguably most deeply changing the
world most (a quiz I am always looking for other answers to than those I know)
but I have to put www.clintonglobalinitiative.com near the most inspiring
meeting of 2006 in terms of world change ; I have to put
www.microcreditsummit.org  near the deepest in another way; and as a third
example the tedtalks annual meeting of very creative people -this teenager is
very deep http://ted.com/tedtalks/tedtalksplayer.cfm?
key=e_vertes&flashEnabled=1

and where in this league of change world meetings does the first one appear
that is recognisably in open space format???? isnt that odd? we haven't as far
as I can see built a serial open space that has connected and connected as a
world change event.. I dont quite know why...

anyway if people want to send the writing on open space they love the most in
terms of inspiring others to use open space, I expect it will turn out to be
deeply connecting when I see the 30 downloads clicking side by side

chris macrae
http://changeworld.net

Quoting Diane Brandon <diane at keysregion.org>:

 Chris, your posts are always mind-boggling for me, but at the same
 time I don't understand them, they make me curious.

 So -- what's "deepest downloads" mean? Is that a download that is
 "deep" as in profound? or a technical term referring to how many
 downloads are attached to something? Or.....???

 And "compiling a... downloads space" -- I get compiling downloads,
 but not compiling space.... downloads on the climate crisis in a
 space on your website?

 Am I the only one who is confused here?

 Diane

 Diane Brandon, M.Ed., Coordinator