Canadian tables

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Fri Oct 20 22:49:35 PDT 2006

That indeed is Michaal Pannwitz, but that isn't quite Canadian tables.

Here is a picture of the original Canadian tables:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriscorrigan/107973823/

The tables are stood up on their ends with one set of legs sticking out at
the bottom.  This photo is from the Open Space Michael Herman, Judi
Richardson and I did in Fairbanks, Alaska in 2002.  This was Michael's
solution when we found that the beautiful round room we were in was
completely unable to have anything whatsoever posted to the biggest wall in
the place, whioch was a mural.

And so Michael started out with these four tables, and pretty soon, as the
news came in, the newswall grew.  Pretty soon the wall curled around the
ends of the room and started to some up the sides and, being a Canadian
male, it reminded me of this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chillywillyracefan/191205630/

That, my friends, is the Air Canada Centre, the home of the Toronto Maple
Leafs hockey club.  As soon as I realized that the newswall was beginning to
resemble a hockey rink I took out a small puck shaped stone from my pocket
and started playing foot hockey with Judi, who was the only other Canadian
there.  Soon a young Alaskan kid joined us - he played on the Alaska Arctic
Winter Games team - and we had a pretty good game of shinny going.

In honour of the fact that this table set up seemed to inspire a hockey
game, Michael shrugged and simply named it "Canadian Tables."

Cheers,

Chris

On 10/20/06, Lisa Heft <lisaheft at openingspace.net> wrote:

>  Hi, folks –
>

> Beverly Neff shared a link to Michael Pannwitz photo of one of the
> versions of Canadian tables.
>

> Be sure to note that this link ends up as one complete line to paste into
> your browser.
>

> http://www.michaelmpannwitz.de/extras/openspace/list/pictures/?event_id=130&event_table=os_list_veranstaltungen&event_type=1
>

> Thank you, fabulous Beverly.
>

> I bow to Michael Pannwitz.
>

> I'm a bit dizzy from all this bowing...but then I'm a bit dizzy anyway...
>

> Lisa
>

> ___________________________
>
> *L i s a   H e f t*
>
> Consultant, Facilitator, Educator