marketplace

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Wed Oct 18 23:54:24 PDT 2006

I stay in the room usually, at least for the first part of the marketplace.
The reason is because I love watching it happen.  I stay out of the way for
sure, tidying up coffee cups, maybe grabbing my laptop and typing out to the
topics so that I look busy enough that no one will bother me.  But I love
watching the crowd self-organize...it's almost my raison d'etre.

I did take a nap once...it was the morning I opened space for OSonOS IX here
in Vancouver, but in that case I had our dear friend Laurel Doersam at my
back, and she offered to hold space while I slpet off a bad headache.

That day I slept in a little lounge near one of the breakout spaces, in full
view of the crowd of comedians that had gathered with us in Vancouver.  As I
drifted in and out of sleep, curcled up on a couch, I heard several chuckles
as folks clued in to what I was doing, paying homage to Harrison, who was
unable to join us, in my own small way.

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN