Silent Presence

Tenneson Woolf tenneson at berkana.org
Sat Oct 7 07:06:00 PDT 2006

Thank you for this thread.

Through using OS and other conversational forms, I have found myself
increasingly interested in the harvest. What is the real harvest? There are
usually great words, ideas, plans, actions, flip charts, diagrams, new
partnerships, maybe some music, some dance – lots of good stuff. AND, when I
think of the harvest, it is usually the energy that surrounds those great
words, ideas, plans, actions, flip charts, diagrams, new partnerships,
music, dance and new partnerships that feels so strong.

Silent presence is woven into this, I feel -- the deliberate intent and
focus on holding the energy of the group. What a great learning edge! The
energetics of sitting in circle, of sitting across from a “mate” to hold
open the deepest possibility and deliberately channel it to the center, of
helping to hold the clarity of container and purpose – this is all part of
this silent presence for me. This is the space for big hearts. It is a gift
to offer this to a group. And it is a gift to receive it from others.

What is the real harvest? It includes the experience of silent presence, the
glimpse into that deeper work. We humans offer some of this. And, my sense
is that there are many other realms that we invite into this silent presence
– the land, the winds, the waters, the ancestors, the future waiting to be
born
.

Like others, I’m attempting to find words to describe something I have felt
and seen at deep levels.

Tenneson

Tenneson Woolf

Dyer Institute for Leading Organizational Change

www.dyerinstitute.byu.edu

tenneson_woolf at byu.edu

801 422 2665

The Art of Hosting