What is the largest group size for OS-role of facilitator

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Mon Nov 20 12:22:30 PST 2006

Barry, Michael & Harrison:

I too have the sponsor emphasize the theme (not me).  I encourage the
sponsor to leave my name out of the invitation and sometimes the phrase
Open Space, but not often.  It is the sponsor's content and decision to
intentionally open a space in the flow the organization's or
communities' life.   When I am invited by the sponsor into the circle to
open, I certainly am present to that now (as present as I can be).  I
become the focus of attention for awhile in order to help create the
"boundaries" and "new rules" that created the conditions for the
self-organization that take place -- and hopefully engage the spirit of
the group.  The rest is "holding"

The close also requires a point of initiative and presence and some more
holding.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation