OST with handicapped persons

catherine corbaz c.corbaz at hispeed.ch
Mon Nov 20 09:15:59 PST 2006

Dear Jennifer,
I believe for having animated other courses with illeterate people, that on
must try to be creative. Illeterate people have other ways to remember and
keep memories. I would try to find objects, which would represent the topic
the want to discuss, or to create objects... TO keep tracks of their
proposition i would tape it or make pictures. Besides the difficulties are
that illiterate people would not necesseraly trust the one who is writing
for them. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Another way might be to trust the capacity of people to tell the story of
what happened in their workshop.

Concerning the complain of writing down the floor, i invit people to go back
to the chair and then to come back to the center, to take the microfon and
to say their topic and so on.

good luck anyhow

Catherine Corbaz
Catherine Corbaz