OST with handicapped persons

Jennifer Hurley jlhurley at hfadesign.com
Sun Nov 19 17:13:53 PST 2006

I've taken to saying "if you think your handwriting is too messy, or have trouble
getting down on the floor, feel free to ask a neighbor to help write your topic".  I
started saying that when I was working in a small rural town that had a very high
illiteracy rate.  People are often embarrassed about being illiterate, so I wanted
to give people an excuse for asking for help.

BTW, every time I've opened space, someone has complained about having to
get down on the floor to write their topic.  Have other people experienced this?
How do you respond?

Jennifer Hurley

Hurley~Franks & Associates
Planning & Urban Design