Opening Space for High Performance and Innovation in Taiwan

Laura Hsu Open Quest laura at open-quest.com
Thu Nov 9 09:22:47 PST 2006

Dear List,
It's been two weeks since we completed hosting Harrison Owen's Taiwan trip.
My colleagues in Open Quest and myself were quite honored to be part of this
historic event. We went to 3 different cities in Taiwan and touched more
than 350 people through speeches and a workshop. Just like Gail said in the
closing circle: the world and Taiwan will now be different because we are
different!
As a professional facilitator, I used open space at work. Interestingly,
Harrison's new work on High Performance and Self-organizing system adds a
lot into my thought in thinking about Open Space as a philosophy and the way
of life.
I had a great session during the workshop with a new friend Murphy. The
topic was Create High Performance Culture. Interestingly the flow of
dialogue took us to explore the soul of organization, which connects deeply
to the reason of being. We are really amazed by the power of generative
dialogue created by our passion. Our initial commitment is to keep
connection and maybe write up gradually the new discovery through our
dialogue.
In the workshop, all kind of new inspiration happened. Our work team will
have a learning reflection meeting tomorrow. I will update with you our
latest findings.
If you care to see the pictures, I uploaded them on my flickr site:
For the speeches:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laura_album/sets/72157594367909125/
For the workshop:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laura_album/sets/72157594367319780/
With respect,
Laura Hsu, IAF Certified Professional Facilitator
Managing Director
Open Quest Facilitation Technology www.open-quest.com
Meetings into Actions*Weaving Whole Group Wisdom*Integral Personal
Development
T: 886-2-87735996  M: 886-933391318
MSN:  <mailto:laurahsu at ms5.hinet.net> laurahsu at ms5.hinet.net Skype:
laurahsuoq