Will Open Spacers Pledge for Worldwide Freedom of Speech?

Chris Macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Sat May 20 07:31:30 PDT 2006

http://www.pledgebank.com/bbcgames

This pledge asks you to write to the governors of the world service public
broadcaster BUT only when another 2000 netizens or citizens sign up

For 22 years now, its been our belief that public broadcasters aligned with
the web will either be the media's death of freedom of speech or its
restoration

Exercise: think of the social concern you open most space for; couldn't it do
with both broader and deeper public awareness, especially if its connected to
some of the worldwide crises of poverty, health, learning or nature we are all
interconnected by

If your concern is that outside of Britain you wouldn't know how to introduce
your right to write to a British governor, I can rehearse many ways why you
have such a right from the world service brand

Our youth is bombarded with global images of false heroes and spectator
supports. If media, learning, cross-cultural affection and world citizenship
are ever to propagate up through every diverse community's space again, the
BBC can set an open source example for other public broadcasters to follow.
The UK has an exactly one collaboration advantage with the rest of the world
namely that as the largest Kingdom , our Queen unlike any other well off
country leader (to my knowledge) has dared ask why is humanity turning on
itself. Not to join that open space call seems a missed opportunity whether
you are a governor, an open spacer or anyone in between

thanks, sincerely
chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
invitation- click the top; 50 seconds later you are done until the rest of the
2000 of us are ready to open space with you!