XIV Open Space on Open Space Moscow

ICA Taiwan icataiw at ms69.hinet.net
Fri May 5 05:38:53 PDT 2006

Dear Raffi, Natalya and Moscow team,

Thanks for all of the details and images on the OSONOS and Moscow.
Several people from Taiwan and China are looking into participating.
It is everyone's first visit to Russia.  An initial exploration has
revealed a plethora of choices and options and a some questions have
come up.

1.  In Taiwan there is a Moscow Economic/Cultural office where visas
are obtained.  The man there  indicated that the person or
organization that is inviting needs to provide an invitation
indicating the kind of visa, and that if attending any kind of
meeting a tourist visa is not allowed.  Also, it seems one needs a
name and address as a reference to use in Moscow.  Can you
clarify/recommend?

2.  Generally at OS and other conferences more time is spent outside
the actual conference sessions than inside.  Spending as much time as
possible with other participants is a high priority -  including
travel back and forth to the conference site, meals off site, sharing
rooms, etc.   Is there a way to narrow down the number of preferred
hotels (it's a little overwhelming to try to select from so many in
such a huge city!)?   Maybe put up a name list as people register so
they can be contacted directly off line?

3.  Are there home-stays available?

4.  Any suggestions for sight-seeing for a few days before and/or
after the conference?

Thanks for any information, ideas, other broodings from anyone - on
the list or off!

Gail

--
Gail West, ICA