Introduction in an OS-meeting

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Wed Mar 29 17:55:29 PST 2006

Harrison, your ³induction² with zen-like simplicity I think is so right. I
opened space recently in an African-American community in southern Florida
whose very existence is at stake. My motivation for getting to business
right away was to keep my energy out of the way of the community taking
itself to heart.

It is so tempting to want to direct and tone-set, frame the issues and
invitation, deliver givens, and countless ³good reasons² for inserting
ourselves into the space. It¹s funny how when I stand or sit before a group,
I all of a sudden feel smart and capable. Then on the days when grace guides
me, I remember it¹s about the group ­ their native intelligence, their
resident wisdom, their hearts calling for more than they have so far
dreamed.

And so, there is good reason to get people streaming to the center to do the
announcing and inviting that matters.

Jack

jack ricchiuto
two.one.six/three.seven.three/seven.four.seven.five
www.designinglife.com / www.appreciativeleadership.com