Imams and Rabbis -- Good News and Bad news in Open Space (definitely Long)

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 07:50:16 PST 2006

Thanks, Harrison, for your wonderful report.  And thanks to HO, Michael and
his colleagues for doing this amazing work in the world.  I know, I know,
the rabbis and imans also did this wonderful work so thanks for all of them
as well.

I hope my above paragraph conveyed my sincere, warm, enthusiasm and
gratitude.  Now I have a question.  I do not ask this question to collapse
the field or to diminish the great, wonderful work but I am sitting here
with a curiosity.  What was the gender distribution among the rabbis and
imans?  I guess there is no such thing as a female iman?  So I am wondering
if all the rabbis were guys?  By voicing my curiosity, I do not wish to
diminish the great achievements of this work.  Neither do I mean to imply
that there 'should' have been female rabbis present.  I am just wondering so
I'm just asking, unattached to the answer.

--
Warmly,
Tree Fitzpatrick