Conflict in community

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 08:45:39 PST 2006

Hi Chris

I wouldn't give up on the process resolving some or even most of the
conflicts, as long as participants can arrive with "open hearts and
minds."

As you suggest, the key is the invitation.  What if it said something
like "Recognizing there are differences and strongly held positions
about local school boards, can we come together and really understand
one another and find common ground to move forward?"

Cheers

Kerry
Edinburgh
www.openfutures.com