USB-sticks/computer station during OST + some more..

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Tue Mar 14 10:12:18 PST 2006

Hello Jimmy,

I'll offer that I'm using weblog to document os events whenever we
have the technical capacity and the desire for things to go forward
(when we want more than just an event).

I use wordpress, which has multiple admin access levels.  It can be
made public for all ppts to post directly to the blog.   The notes
from each session become a separate blogpost, written and posted by
each convener.  If others have something to add, they can post
comments.  If actions happen, it can be added as comments.  If next
meetings are scheduled, that can be commented too.  And any of these
comments can be pulled by a sponsor, editor, or team, or even by ppts
themselves (depending on the circumstances and skills) into new blog
posts.

Also, wordpress allows separate pages that could be opened to group
editing, where the overall agenda could be posted and edited as things
unfold.

As for wiki, I've decided that most groups are going to be too big or
busy to dedicate the time, and develop the trust, required to work
together in wiki.  The other thing about wiki is that when it really
works, it's a shared document, and individual posts often don't get
obviously signed.  This runs a bit counter to our habit of posting
issues and names, reinforcing responsibility and also letting people
take credit for contributions.  In this last dimension, I think
blogging fits quite well, because all posts and comments are normally
signed by the author.

Hope this helps.

Michael

--